I’ve never been one for New Years resolutions. It seems a little silly to need a date on the calendar to make a change in your life. But the end of a year and the start of a new one is bound to encourage reflection and I’ve been thinking about what I want the next year to be.
2011 was a very tumultuous year for me, I mean that in both a positive and negative sense. In 2012, I hope to bring more moderation and balance into my life. Here are some of my goals for the year.
- Plan my wedding – Last year I got engaged to this fellow, which was awesome and unexpected. I’ve never been a girl who dreams of marriage and children, so I imagine it’s going to be quite a challenge making a wedding happen. I plan to keep it small and simple.
- Go to the seaside – I didn’t venture far last year because of work commitments and limited cash flow. This year I plan to explore the beautiful South African coast for short and cheap weekends away. I think it will do my head a world of good.
- Small gatherings – Cooking for my friends is one of my favourite things to do. I’m planning to keep this tradition in 2012.
- Travel – My dream is to go to New York or Spain for my honeymoon.
- Bake a cake a month – I was really inspired by Mariah‘s challenge to make a cake for every month of 2011 so I’ve decided to take up the challenge in 2012. I’ll need the practice because I’m planning on making my wedding cake.
- Draw more often – I’ve written about 3 childrens stories, now it is time to illustrate them. This bear is a sketch from long ago.
- Wear pretty underwear – It makes me feel just that little bit better.
- Go for more walks – This picture was taken while exploring a friends farm last year. I love walking and used to walk daily before I got a car. It’s time to start walking again.
- Redesign Wolf Eyebrows – This blog is in dire need of a new look. I plan to make that happen this year. Keep your eyes peeled.
I hope all of you have a wonderful 2012.